Welcome to my little corner of the web. Okay, it's probably not so much a corner as a little spot I've carved out for myself, but whatever you want to call it, it's mine. Here I'll post my 'thoughts' or probably ramblings, since that's what I tend to do, on a variety of subjects that interest me. I hope that you find it not only humorous at times but thought provoking as well. Enjoy!

Friday, July 1, 2011

So this is it?

So here I am.  I've finally made it.  The blogosphere... eh, that is what it's referred to as, right?

So maybe I'm a bit late, but as the saying goes "better late, than never" or maybe it's "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say it."  Although I think that was more meant toward your brother or sister or friend or coworker or spouse, but I think it fits here as well.

So does that mean that I have something 'good' to say?  Well I'm not sure that's for me to decide.  I mean isn't it really up to the readers to determine if the written word is 'good' or not?  Oh, wait, that would mean that I actually have readers or will have, but who knows if that will really happen.  So I suppose, in the end, this is really more about me just saying things that I've wanted to say, put them on 'paper' so that they are there... and if others read them and either find enlightenment or enjoyment from them, all the better.

I guess that really since this is my first blog - and FIRST blog attempt - that I should probably explain what I'm trying to do here or what it is that I need or want to say.

Firstly I tend to have a lot of interests or a lot of things/subjects interest me.  One might ask what's the difference?  Well, to me having an interest means that you've devoted time to actually putting thought to said interest, one would hope you at least have knowledge of the things of which you speak.  On the other hand being interested in something could imply that you are curious of the subject, but maybe you haven't really done any studying or have any concrete knowledge of said subject.

I'm guessing you're a bit confused now.  That was a little exercise into the way my mind thinks at times, which isn't necessarily always the way that most or at least others do.  Then again, not everyone in the world has the same thought process about things, so it's not like I'm implying that I am different - even though we all are, obviously.  Regardless, as you've probably already guessed, I tend to have a lot of random thoughts run around in my mind which clutters things up pretty well.  I can easily be on one subject, lose track of what I was thinking 2 seconds ago and be off on some other tangent as though I had been discussing it all along.  I can also have a thought and in the next instance it's gone, like it was never there.  Although generally if it was something important I may remember it... weeks later.

However, I think I may have digressed, or maybe that's all important information about myself.  I'm sure there's other stuff to learn but that will come at a later time.  So what is this blog about?  Thoughts, I think.  No not thoughts I think, but thoughts, I think.  Although obviously they are obviously thoughts that I think - in other words, my thoughts.  I think this is mostly just going to be ramblings of mine on one subject or the other.  At least that is the plan currently.  It could change 5 minutes from now.

So I think I may have said that I have a few interests.  And in regards to those interests I am going to post my personal thoughts - which is no different than posting my thoughts, but saying they're personal makes it sound more important.  Those interests range from political to religious to baseball to life in general.  I will warn you now - even though it probably doesn't need to be said since I said they were 'personal' thoughts - that they may not always be popular or that you may not always agree with them.  Which, by the way if I may ramble a bit, I think is one of the problems with this country and probably world.  Everybody is SO concerned about who they might upset if they just say what they are thinking.  I think I may talk about that at some time.

Anyway, I think I've rambled on more than enough for an opening post about myself and this blog.  I'm sure I'll be talking more about myself and what I've been through in my life at a future time, but for now let's close this one up and think about the future.

Live life,
Richard B

No comments:

Post a Comment