Welcome to my little corner of the web. Okay, it's probably not so much a corner as a little spot I've carved out for myself, but whatever you want to call it, it's mine. Here I'll post my 'thoughts' or probably ramblings, since that's what I tend to do, on a variety of subjects that interest me. I hope that you find it not only humorous at times but thought provoking as well. Enjoy!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

The sky is blue

So my mind really tends to wander.

I know that's an.. odd statement, but it's the truth.  I've long told myself that I need to have one of those little micro recorders with me at all times - and it probably needs to be constantly recording - so that I don't lose my place in life.  See, the fact is that despite the name of the 'blog' being Rich's Ramblings, it's really true.  My mind is constantly in one place or the other and then back again before I can even collect what it was I was thinking about 2 minutes ago.  Sometimes I'll have - what I consider - GREAT thoughts about a subject or something I want to write about and then I get on something else and completely forget what it was I was thinking about.

Sometimes there will be a lingering of it, like a mist that's still in my mind that I try to sort through, but usually it's just gone.

Not that any of that really matters, it's more just an insight into how I think, but the question is: why is the sky blue?

I don't care.  The point really wasn't that the sky is blue.  One of the guys I work with was discussing his blog and we got to talking about mine and he told me the sky was blue.  See, he writes about baseball - or at least he tries because he's posted on his blog two or three times in the past year.  I understand.  His passion is Royals baseball and right now it's very hard to be overly passionate about the team (I'll write more about that later, promise).  My passion is life and so I write a lot about things that just.. interest me.  He is decisively against that and therefor the sky is blue.  The point being that he sees or has little interest in the things that I have to say.  Not that we don't - in real life - have conversations about these things but for a blog he didn't want to have to read about the sky being blue.

I could write about baseball and I will.  I could write about the Royals and I will.  But to me, this is really more about my life than it is what I think maybe everybody wants to read.

And therefor in my life... the sky is blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment